recording thefantasy orch 5 and 6 aug!

for anyone in the orchestra or choir to air views and find out about stuff
jessemorning
Site Admin

recording thefantasy orch 5 and 6 aug!

Post by jessemorning »

i'm thinking of doing a session somewhere large on the 2̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶3̶r̶d̶ ̶A̶u̶g̶u̶s̶t̶ .tues 5th and wed 6th aug 7-9pm

i'm thinking it makes most sense to record what we've been recently playing so something like this:

star trek
festival
house of pleasure
space oddity
starman
mehbooba
resa dei conti
il giardino del delizie
the ballad of hank mccain
the ecstasy of gold
the good the bad and the ugly
return of ringo
quello che conta (no choir or horns)
farewell to cheyenne
fistful of dollars
oh venezia

i'll see if davide can come on wednesday night and we'll do the other ones with lead vox then too.

there'll be two rehearsals, both at the kuumba centre for both choir and orchestra: the 22nd july. next is 29th july. i wont be at either. jenny will lead the orchestra in the main room. george will lead the choir in the small room next door. maybe you'll come together for a tune or two. please bring your subs, £3 each should cover it.

i have the attendance list shanti was handing round yesterday. if you didnt fill it out please let me know whether you can make any of these dates or not. j

BrotherWetlands

Re: recording thefantasy orch 5 and 6 aug!

Post by BrotherWetlands »

Hi all,
Ole Rudd here - I joined you for the first time last week with my double-bass.
Just a note to apologise - I thought that I'd be able to join you for the rehearsal tomorrow night and both of the recording sessions, but since I've now got to leave for the Boomtown festival on Wednesday 6th, and meet with my co-performers tomorrow night for a run-through, I won't be able to make the 2nd day of recording or Tuesday's rehearsal. Really sorry about this - I am going through the scores as often as possible and, depending on how we record on Tuesday, will try to get as many parts down as I can.
See you soon!

Johanna_Tuba

Post by Johanna_Tuba »

I'm not feeling very well today, and considering it's pretty hard to play tuba when your nose is blocked, I don't think I can make it tonight, sorry :(

I hope I can do tomorrow though.

jessemorning
Site Admin

Post by jessemorning »

overdubbing session 18th aug at the white factory studio, netham road, redfield opposite catholic school

2pm sass
3pm jenny
4.30 davide
6pm sophie clarinet
6.30 jess trombone
8pm kat