Trip To Paris 25/26 april

for anyone in the orchestra or choir to air views and find out about stuff
jessemorning
Site Admin

Trip To Paris 25/26 april

Post by jessemorning »

hi folks, at last i've found a pretty decent gig in paris to invite you all too. its in a theatre called L'Albatros at the end of metro line 9 in Montreuil just outside town.
http://espacealbatros.fr/

we'll play at about 3 in the afternoon so plenty of time to get back home for those that need to before monday.

So who wants to come? the fantasy Orchestra will subsidize the trip to the tune of around £700 but it will still cost you something depending on how you want to do it: luxury style or budget.

the budget option is to take the coach (if you book soon it can by as cheep as £30 return from london) and stay at someones house in paris (the paris orchestra have offered to put people up for free). thats the budget option.

the next level up is to take the eurostar (around £110 return if we book soon on a group booking). then stay in a hostel in paris for around £35 a head. it could be quite nice to all be together - but then its nice to stay in peoples houses too. a few people have also shown interest in flying from bristol which costs around £125 return if you book early.

If anyone fancies driving or hiring a mini bus let me know!

i've set up a doodle to see what you think of these options... and you can see who else is interested to come too!

check it out here:
http://doodle.com/bha45n95gxg3xdtd

i think numbers are fairly unlimited. once it gets to 50 we might not be able to lodge everyone.

itinerary
sat 25th - meet around noon. have a picnic somewhere, do some busking. have a bit of free time (including get some dinner). then we'll book a bar for the evening for dancing.

sunday 26th - we'd need to start soundchecking around 11am. the gig will be at 3pm we'll be doing the English Rock set (roughly speaking). after the show some people will have to go right away. those who wish to stay another night could hang out at the albatros where we plan to show a film.

and there you have it. let me know what you reckon,
best wishes,
jesse

jessemorning
Site Admin

Re: Trip To Paris 25/26 april

Post by jessemorning »

let us know what you're up to on the chatroom
http://forum.fantasyorchestra.org/viewforum.php?f=4

Alto Ruth

Post by Alto Ruth »

just checking in to say a huge thank you to George for sorting out the monumental accommodation challenge. If we all buy her a drink while we're there, she will have a very merry time and the cheap w/end she deserves for all that... good idea? Rx

jessemorning
Site Admin

Post by jessemorning »

paris trip setlists

over the three gigs we'll be looking at the following tunes
Star Trek
Simba
space oddity
starman
Dum Maro Dum
Mehbooba
Down In the River
Halo
Superstition
Fire/ one rainy wish
Strawberry Fields
Bohemian Rhapsody
(possibly All Night Long lionel ritchie if i do the arrangement in time)

encore:
The Good The Bad and The Ugly
I Am Sailing

also
house of pleasure
festival

jessemorning
Site Admin

Post by jessemorning »

here's an itinerary of organised happenings starting wednesday (check forum for updates):

Wednesday 22nd
rehearsal at jesses house, 7:30pm 226 rue du faubourg st martin, 75010 paris, front door code 82A05
metro louis blanc. 2nd floor

Thursday 23rd
nothing planned see forum for updates

Friday 24th
7:30pm rehearsal studio bleu
7 Rue des Petites Écuries, 75010 Paris
Phone:01 45 23 16 03
10pm friends concert at the olympic café, 20 Rue Léon, 75018 Paris Métro : Château Rouge

saturday 25th
1pm- meeting and picnic jardin villemin
14 Rue des Récollets, 75010 Paris. metro gare de l'est
2-3pm performance in the bandstand

5pm soundcheck at l'albatros
52 Rue du Sergent Bobillot, 93100 Montreuil. metro Métro Croix de Chavaux, line 9
9pm performance begins at l'albatros
midnight head back to paris to bar suggested by paris FO members

Sunday 26th
2pm pinhole photgraphy workshop (its international pinhole camera day) with jesse and kate, parc butte chaument. meeting by the cave at the lake

5pm meeting Aux Petit Joueurs, 59 Rue de Mouzaïa, 75019 Paris. Metro Bozaris. line 7bis
6:30pm performance

if anyone has any trouble, here are some useful contacts.
my phone number in paris is 0033668760815, if i dont get back try my wife kate on +33651892391

here's some other sensible orchestra members (prove me wrong guys) numbers:
Stan - 07770680994
Ruth coleman - 07757740104
Lisa - 075518303

here's my address which is walking distance from gare du nord. come here if you run into any difficulties at all:
226 rue du faubourg st martin, 75010 paris, front door code 82A05
metro louis blanc. 2nd floor
someone will be home most of the time. if we're not in try our lovely landlandy, colette downstairs. (note there are lots of faubourgs in paris make sure you come to the st martin one...)