COLOMBIAN CHARITY FUNDRAISER GIG

for anyone in the orchestra or choir to air views and find out about stuff
hartstongue

COLOMBIAN CHARITY FUNDRAISER GIG

Post by hartstongue »

Me and some others are putting on a gig to raise money for an NGO in Bogata, Colombia. I'd like The Fantasy Orchestra to be involved and to do a set. The charity is called Encuentro con la vida and is situated in Ciudadela Sucre, an urban marginalised community on the outskirts of Bogata. They provide food, clothes, shelter and activities for deprived kids in the area.
The money will go towards the construction of a much needed park and play area for the community as well as other needed developments.
The gig will be on Friday 5 June in Crofters Rights and there will be other bands including Baila la Cumbia, Aji Pa Ti and Immigrant Swing and DJ John Stapleton on the wheels. There will be a screening of a short film that my friends have made about the charity and the project. A few of us, including David, FO's own percussionist have just recorded some Cumbia music for the the film.
It's going to be a fun night for a very good cause with bands playing in the bar as well as in the main room and hopefully a big Colombian jam at the end of the night. We've got the whole venue until 2 or 3am. There will be food and free bevvies for bands. I am hoping The Fantasy Orchestra can play first followed by the screening then other bands. Open to suggestions on what might be appropriate tunes for a set. Tim (Trump)

BrotherWetlands

Re: COLOMBIAN CHARITY FUNDRAISER GIG

Post by BrotherWetlands »

Hi Tim,
Sounds like a great gig and a very good cause - top lineup too. Unfortunately it's a same day as a friend's wedding in Brighton, so I won't be able to join you.
Hope you have a great night! Ole - bass

Banga

Post by Banga »

Hi Tim - count me in, sounds great x

nickguitar

Post by nickguitar »

I'd be up for this, if electric guitar is needed... N.