paris trip eurostar

here's a place to discuss specifics
jessemorning
Site Admin

paris trip eurostar

Post by jessemorning »

this is one we need to sort out soon. if there are more than 10 people interested to travel by train we can get a group discount.

you'll also need to arrange transport to get to london. i usually book this through https://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/ as they dont charge £1.50 like thetrainline.com do.

if you book post your times (and coach number) below so others to synchronize

sheryl

Re: paris trip eurostar

Post by sheryl »

Hi my preference would be Eurostar, I guess I'll check back again soon and see how many others are interested and whether we can get a group discount...

nickguitar

Post by nickguitar »

Hi -- My pref is Eurostar, but I'll hold off booking if we can get a group discount...

Nick

Melanie - bari

Post by Melanie - bari »

I love train journeys. How early shall we start from Bristol? Lots of trains that weekend already have limited seats...I sent a basic group request email for the Sat morning to see how much it will be, waiting for a reply!

nickguitar

Post by nickguitar »

Thanks Melanie -- Sounds like we need to move fast to get a block booking. How exactly are we going to do this...? Have we got 10 people yet? I count around four - Rosa, David sax, Melanie, me, who else?

Melanie - bari

Post by Melanie - bari »

I asked for a train out on Sat am & a train back on Sun eve & the price came back as £80.00 return for a group of 10 - obvs it night be slightly different when we choose the times we really want - anyone want to book it?

jessemorning
Site Admin

Post by jessemorning »

i'll send another email with a deadline for the end of the weekend if they want to eurostar.
was the £80 return all the way to paris or just to london?

Melanie - bari

Post by Melanie - bari »

The £80.00 was a return Eurostar - going Sat morning at 8.00ish & returning Sun eve - doesn't include travel to London.

jessemorning
Site Admin

Post by jessemorning »

ok so it would mean a very early train or staying in london the night before

dani

Post by dani »

I'm up for this if there is not enough people in the cycling crew to make it viable.

dani

sheryl

Post by sheryl »

Hiya don't forget to count me in for the group booking! I'm not at rehearsal tomorrow so won't be able to join in the post rehearsal discussion but please include me when you are working out if we're up to ten people! Thanks, Sheryl (violin).