accounts statement from stan april 17

reports and discussions financial and otherwise concerning the running of the Fantasy Orchestra
jessemorning
Site Admin

accounts statement from stan april 17

Post by jessemorning »

Hi All

Here is the finance news, and because we've upped our game over subs collection, it's reasonably healthy. In theory we've £1689. I'd recommend that we always try to keep at least £500 in reserve. So say that leaves, say, £1000 to play with. Sounds like a lot, but it could disappear quite easily. Out of that we need to get some flags made, but we are now paid up members of "Making Music" ( maybe someone could look into what resources of theirs we could use ) so we have public liability insurance paid for.

"Love in Outer Space" was a success, but we didn't take much from the Salt Cafe and Tea Dance, so that was a loss, and we can't really afford too many of those. In light of that we need to collectively agree what we could or should do with any surplus. For myself, I think we should aim to at least break even on all performances. However, where we are promoting the Fantasy Orchestra, or supporting a worthwhile cause that fits with our ethos, then we can use some funds to subsidise FO expenses. I don't like giving folk the idea that music ( or lunch) is free, because it isn't. Someone is paying. I'd like to hear what everybody thinks.

Some possibilities are

Plymouth gig travel ( What's the story there Jesse ?)
Bicycle Tour Support
Recording
Equipment purchase( mics, stands,leads, PA kit etc ).
Any suggestions ?

While I'm here, a reminder we're co-promoting the 1967 gig with King's Weston House, and we'll need to get our promo act together like never before. It'll be heavy on expenses ( 2 PAs, DJ, lights, support band) so we'll need to sell a lot of tickets.

Stan

The numbers........

Assets Liabilities
Bank £3,020.00 Wedding Deposit £ 450.00
Cash 40.00 Advanced subs 220.00
Subs expected 90.00 Invoices to pay 791.00
TOTAL £3,150.00 £1,461.00
Net Assets £1,689.00